Translate

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Roden 1:48 OV-1D Mohawk

Roden OV-1D Mohawk
This is a grat looking replica, with plenty of detail. I added some bits to dress up the cockpit. The customer requested the cockpit be closed, but you can still see most everything inside due to the big glass.

The markings are for a retirement scheme on a restored OV-1D now at the Carolina Air Museum. I Used the Superscale sheet. One problem is that some of the decals are a tad oversized. I weathered it with some pastel chlks and oil washes.


Big bug-eyed bird...

Overall the fit is pretty good, with the canopy being the toughest part. BE warned: this is a tail dragger! I loaded it with weight, but despite cramming lead weights in the nose and behind the cockpit, it still wants to drop on its tail. I little dab of blu-tac on the nosewheel keeps it sitting pretty.







No comments:

Post a Comment